wrecked my car, had a rental for 30 days wasnt my fault car isnt fixed, what do i do?

I wrecked my car in September, the city took down the yield sign on my street. I have the right of way, the driver i hit didnt yield (bc there was no sign) my insurance co got me a rental for 30 days its past 30 days the citys insurance co agreed to pay for the damages but now arent answering the phone. My car is still in the shop the shop owner isnt going to fix it until an insurance adjuster gives him the go ahead. So i have no car no rental...what is my next step...im growing VERY impatient considering my accident was in sept and here we are in nov and have gotten no where

• Mushu
    Favorite Answer

You'll have to have you're insurance company step in and pay. Problem is, you have a deductible that needs to be met, and your rental is now past the maximum your insurance will pay.

Next time (hopefully there won't be a next time) don't wait so long to get the repairs started, because your insurance will never cover more than the policy limits for the rental, no matter the circumstance.

Sorry you're going through that.

You need a letter from you insurance company's legal department to the city agency. PRONTO.