Why didn't my mom let me go?

So today after school my friend wanted me to go to the library. I called my mom (in a busy hallway, so it was loud) to ask her. She said until what time. I responded with an i dont know. And I didn't!!! I wasn't sure what time she wanted me home, if she was already at our house and was going to pick me up. I thought she would give me a specific time to be home.

Then she said unless I give her an exact time, I would have go "directly home" and that if I would have just given her a time, I could have gone.

Does any of this make sense to you????

Moms are weird but they have reasons why they do things. Even if it is just because she just felt better with you being at home. Let her know she can really trust you and trust that you will make good decisions and she will probably give you a lot more freedom depending on your age.

eh shes probably paranoid your not really going to the library or something and wants to know when to expect you back from where ever your going, just give a time, and make it a little later than what you think so if your studying runs late it wont matter

• snow L

** She is allowing you how to make decisions and take responsibility, also if you said i'll be home at 5, she is waiting to see if you will do what you say.

Actually, no it doesn't make sense. Not only did your friend not specify a time for you, but your mother also did not give you a time frame of how long you could stay or when she wanted you home. I think what you should have done was get in contact with your friend and ask her, then call your mother back and give her more details of it. But your mother probably assumed you'd be out somewhere she wouldn't know where for an extremely long time.

tell her what she wants, if you want to go to the library, thats how woman act.

She just really cares about you that's all