asked in Arts & HumanitiesPhilosophy · 8 years ago

Life is a journey, I don't wanna go through it following a roadmap?

What is your perspective on this quote?

• Bree
    Favorite Answer

It's about wanting to find or make your own path, and not wanting to merely follow a path thats been laid out for you. However, society is set up in a way where you have to take routes inorder reach to your destination.This set up can be oppressive like we're just worker ants with no importance.

I am better suited to do things in my own time, and for my own leisure. A 9-5 job probably won't satisfy me, but I can't continue this wat of thinking unless I'm clever about figuring out how to make money whilst doing something fulfilling or at least make a compromise. Some people feel the only way to do things is to do what is expected of them or they fight against the system. But I think it is much smarter to use it to your advantage and work with it to get what you want. Their is always hope and a way around things if you are clever enough to make it work.

For example, if you're knowledgeable about business and society then you should be able to figure what people need to be provided for them and how you can provide it on your own terms.

G

You can make whatever plan you want, but if you are not based on reliable reality, you will wake up, and wonder where your life went.

All the glorification of escapist themes like yours are just popular because humans have a notion that they can do what they want.

The only way to do what you want is to be able to live without fear, or regret. That takes some real psychological work, which butterfly people don't have the stomach for.

• Jesere

Make your own way in the world...

Even The Road Less Traveled has gotten way too congested...

I have paved my own road in life

and there was no road map to follow...

I like your take on Life, which closely matches my own:

The road less travelled is really the path within ourselves whereupon we become what we already are. And (sharing) that makes all the difference....to you or somebody you meet along the way. Every moment (step) of your Life is a journey, rather than a destination...each of which is a continuing discovery of yourself.....as yourself.

Reaching the end of the trip is not the end of the journey; it eternally continues....to yet other places of understanding awaiting within yourself....every step of the way.

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

- Waldo Emerson

"There is nothing more genuine than breaking away from the chorus to learn the sound of your own voice."

- Po Bronson

Kinda cool singing your own song on the way to your own destination, and destiny, isn't it?

It's exactly what 99% of teenagers today would say. Technically this ''no roadmap'' is a roadmap nowadays. Even Hollywood movies glorify it. There's no escape, friend.

Just 'cause you have a map, doesn't mean you can't chart your own course. But having that map, will help you get where you want to go... rather than end up someplace you really don't want to be.

Stupid.

Go through life without a "roadmap" and you wil end up getting lost.

Most miserable people are the ones who did not plan their life carefully (EXAMPLE: picked a bad major in college, married the wrong person, took life for granted). No roadmap.

A map does not tell you which way to pass through.

A map simply tells you where the available roads are, and leaves it up you to make your choice.

• Joanna

I love it. Life unfolds itself every moment. It's a kaleidoscope; not all the colors are blissful but they are worth experiencing anyway. Why would anyone want to ruin the mystery? :)

Also, it's a learning experience that is best lived by making mistakes, instead of being too cautious and holding back ...