Is this normal? How should I act in this situation?

in 8th-9th grade I had a the worst crush in the world on this guy.We never talked (atleast not much), we didnt exchange phone numbers, he has no idea how I felt about him. I rarely saw him, but when I did I got all giddy, and I had butterflies in my stomach. I just admired him from afar.

I havent seen him in 6-7 years. I got over the crush eventually. In a few days I will be running into him again at a mutual acquaintance's party.I got over the crush, but for some reason when I heard he was going to be there I got really nervous, and I remember how much I liked him way back when.

I know this may seem like the perfect opportunity to connect with him or whatever, but I cant accommodate something like that in my life right now, and I know I cant just be friends with him because I liked him an unhealthy amount years ago. Also I know for a fact he's not into girls like me, he's very smart, extraverted and kind. While I have a learning disability(he knew me when my disability was at it's worst, so it probably tarnished his opinion of me), and I am introverted.

I'm afraid once I see him, my 14 year old self will come back and I'll have unrequited feelings for him again. I thought I was over him, and I would never have to deal with that again. I'm so nervous about this that I am considering not going, but I feel like a coward not going, and I feel pretty pathetic about this whole thing. Yes, I realize this is very, very pathetic. I dont know what to do.

Aww!

Please don't get confused !:)

See, the deal is very pretty simple..during the age at which you were just perceiving what love or attraction means..you saw this guy and obviously...i'm sure you have lots and lots of positive feelings for him :) and i respect that ! but the whole idea is..just confront the situation :) Try to be as normal and happy as you can :) Because, if you feel such great feeling then believe in the Universal Vibrations he might also be feeling the same :) So go up with confidence..attend the party and don't go with an intention to impress that guy or get that guy notice you..just be yourself and think how would you act in a normal get-together party :)

All the best :-)