Why do British people use "cow" as an insult?

I go on British sites and they tend to use cow and c*nt a lot when they're trash talking someone.

even we iranians sometimes use animals's name as insult

I dont know but i think it is an insult to the cow or pig in comparing them to humans.

• Peter

For the same reason North Americans use B**ch and such other words. They are insults.

right here interior the united kingdom we distinguish between the interest "bloody" with its which ability of "lined with blood" and the interest "bloody" as a gentle expletive, as in "Bloody properly hurry up!" Few anybody is conscious that the interest "bloody" interior the latter experience is a corruption of "by using our woman", the female being the Virgin Mary, so there's a sprint of blasphemy approximately it. i could agree that as an expletive "bloody" is enormously gentle in recent times and that i detect the extra modern-day, option, expression "bleeding", as in "Bleeding properly hurry up!" a sprint extra offensive to my ears.