What's the Best PreK Curriculum?

I am a PreK Teacher in a voluntary public PreK program in TN. My district is currently in the process of adopting a new curriculum that we will be using for the next 7-8 years. Right now we are trying to choose between Scholastic's "Big Day for PreK", Pearson's "OWL" curriculum or Creative Curriculum. Does anyone know much about these curriculums? Which curriculum do you like and why? What curriculum do you use? We are trying to pick a curriculum that will best align with the new standards while also keeping the shift to Common Core in mind. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks so much!

• lolo
    Favorite Answer

everyone feels their curriculum is the best, it is a matter of the children you are targeting and what you are trying to achieve with them, maturation, independence, critical thinking etc.Self-esteem, self-worth. If you want my opinion, the creative curriculum is better it promotes independence in children and critical thinking.

Consider High Scope you will like it.