Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenMaintenance & Repairs · 8 years ago

Insulation in Garage Ceiling.. Help?

I have a 2 bay garage with a room over it.. and i need insulation in the ceiling with out Ripping down the sheetrock. I Dont Not Want to USE INJECTION FOAM!! ( so please dont say that) But i asked around and i have found out i could possible drill holes in the bays and Fill with Cellulose or Blown in fiber glass.. Now my question is ..

Is this a Good idea?

How Should i approach This Using Cellulose?

What do i need to prep the Job?..

Thank you

im not trying to pull the ceiling down if i do that then i might as well spray foam. i use to do insulation so i just want to make sure im doing it right...

Favorite Answer

You can definitely use blown in insulation. You do need equipment but you can usually rent for free from lowes or home depot with a certain amount of insulation purchase. I believe blown in gives you an R value between 20-40

It can be done, but you will need the equipment to do it foo the job. You can employ a company to do it for you, but it may be cheaper to pull the ceiling down.