How to make starcraft run on new graphics card?

So i recently put a new graphics card into my computer, and i tried running starcraft, but it didn't work! Before i put in the new graphics card the game ran perfectly, i also put windows 7 on my computer (it was originally windows xp). So i talked to a friend who knows a lot about the computers, and he said the only way to make starcraft work with the new graphics card was to go back to windows xp, but i don't want to do that. So i was wondering if there is a starcraft mod out there that would make starcraft compatible with my new graphics card.

Additional info:

i don't know what my new graphics card is, but the error i get is titled Direct Draw when ever i try to run it. The error message says something about not having a color palette set to 256 and not having my screen resolution at 640. I tried changing the screen resolution and color palette, but the same message still pops up. I have tried compatibility mode and a few other things (getting a newer version of DirectX) but to no avail! I'm starting to believe that there isn't a way to get starcraft running through the process of changing settings on my computer, so i have started searching for a mod to make the game run, PLEASE HELP!

NOTE: I did install the drivers for the new graphics card!

Favorite Answer

Did you actually install the drivers for the new card? Without drivers, you'll be using the generic Super VGA driver by default.

Edit: If you don't know what your video is, then how did you download and install the drivers for it?

Can you tell us what GPU it is?