Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 8 years ago

Christians, why do animals have to suffer from diseases?

You say that diseases only exist because of sin, and sin is particular to men. Animals don't have sins. So why do animals have to suffer from diseases?

18 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    4 years ago

The Chriustian answer is that Sin got here into the international with Adam's fall, and consequently the finished of advent groans because of it. for my area i imagine that's countless bollocks, yet then who am I to guage, i'm finished of sin and destined for the fires of Hell

• 8 years ago

Asking questions like this is what gets lots of folks to reject religions.

"Why must a lion eat by ripping out the neck of a baby zebra?" If god is all powerful, all wonderful, all merciful, he/it/she could have designed a way of life that did not include such horror?"

Why does a child die of starvation on this planet every 5 seconds?"

"Why are there parasites that can live only in the human eye?"

"Why are there people who suffer so horribly with cancers and other just awful diseases?"

See, this stuff makes no sense if there is a personal god, a loving god, and participating god.

The only conclusion any sane person comes to, is one of two.

1. If there is a god, he/she/it no longer participates in the workings of this planet.

2. There is no god.

Source(s): Just plain ole common sense.
  • MOMMAH
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

So, you BELIEVE something OTHER than that?

Please SHARE.

Source(s): I knew you WOULDN'T.
  • 8 years ago

"Cursed is the ground because of you;"

Genesis 3

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Nancy
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

We are all flesh and blood and have bodies that are fallible. Animals are effected by environment and germs and old age same as humans.

• 8 years ago

IDK

• 8 years ago

Disease has scientific explanations, whether in animals or humans. I have never said that disease is a result of sin. I don't believe that. It is not part of my theology. As to the larger questions of why disease exists, the only honest answer I can give is "I don't know." I'm not saying that to be snide. I truly don't know.

• Ducky
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

Humans were created to be responsible for animals, and just like a parents sins can affect a child, so did humans sins affect the animals....

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

it's rare but disease are out there, around the world. Ticks give lymes disease. Deer walk into poision ivy and get it on their legs. Things just are here because bacteria and germs exist.

• l
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

It's true - even Jesus thinks "sin" and "devils" cause diseases. But then, Jesus believed in Adam and Eve, Lot's wife turning into salt, Noah and the flood... he wasn't very smart.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.