Ladies, proposal ideas?

If you could pick any way to be proposed to how would it happen? Does it matter greatly to you or is the fact you've been proposed to enough in itself?

Favorite Answer

Probably just the way it did. It was Christmas and we had both sides of the family around, he told me to stand still and close my eyes and said a little speech then 'Merry Christmas!' at the end, I ended up in tears but I wouldn't have it any other way, he messed up which just made it all the more cuter. I would say if it is a cheap thing, like not special or planned, I wouldn't really like it, but proposing is a big step :)

• Gidget

I think a proposal should be a private moment shared between 2 people and not a public spectacle. So for me all that mattered was that we were alone when he proposed. If he had proposed in front of a bunch of people I would have seriously questioned how well he knew me and whether we should be married.

My husband took me to Key West for a weekend and proposed on the end of a pier at sunset. It was perfect.

My proposal was perfect. It was done alone on the beach, during a rainstorm. We were both holding umbrellas but got soaked anyways, and he gave me a speech about how much he loves me.

I wasn't too picky about my proposal, but I had told my fiance much earlier that I did not want a public proposal with people watching. So mine was perfect.

just being proposed to is great..having the groom pick a nice setting shows us hes a real nice guy too..i only mean a meal out or a walk in a nice setting..if you can wait till xmas put it in her cracker!!!