Cx asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 8 years ago

What class would my family be?

What social class would my family fall in? We have no mortgage, no debt and a net worth of $2.2 million. We also have a lot of expensive stuff like tvs ipads iphones computers etc and all really nice clothes. What class would we fall in?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

rich, i dont think you need some1 to tell you that.

• 8 years ago

It also matters how much income your family brings in each year. If they're living on the interest from $2.2 million, they'd be in the top 10% and would be considered upper-class. However, depending on income, they might be higher.

If you're only counting upper-class, upper-middle class, etc., then you're in the upper-class. However, there's a class above that, called "Top out of sight." It's when you can't see your house from the road. You can read more about it in the book "Class" by Paul Fussell.

Here's some information about income and net worth: http://www.bankrate.com/brm/news/retirement/200711...

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Upper Middle Class. Depending on you're location. Location plays a major factor in this. A family living in the country with say... 2 million net worth would be better staying there because if they move to the city the prices of homes rise. Thus they are left behind in terms of net worth especially if the owners plan on it being their last home. If they don't, and sell, then the net worth returns and or rises, but,... they have to live somewhere don't they?

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

higher class of society

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

Self obsorbed class.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.