My Husband wont buy me a ring but bought rims for truck?

My husband just went out and bought a $20,000 truck but wont spend the money to get me a new wedding ring. The one we originally got married with was a recycled one from my mother. We had it resized and all to get it like I wanted it, but shortly after our first marraige we split. Now we're back together and I want another ring to symbolize our new commitment to each other. But he wont buy me one because he says he doesn't have the money. But he is going to buy rockstar rims (they are very expensive rims and the set he wants is $3000). Plus hes getting a system, paint job, and all kinds of other stuff on his truck. But he wont buy a ring!!!! I'm so frustrated with him. I feel like the ring symbolizes our new and improved relationship and the old one is bad karma. And by him not buying me a new one I feel like hes not serious about this new commitment. And thoughts/opinions on this would be greatly appreciated.

• Ken
    Favorite Answer

Just tell him the ring is very important to you and can the two of you prioritize big purchase items.

You didn't say whether or not you have youngsters, however i am assuming you do not. And i'm wondering the way you consume fresh fruits and veggies day-to-day, if the groceries are best purchased every 2 months. If you're worn out of scraping by way of, i would suggest getting a job so you could eat appropriately. Residing on processed foods is essentially the most unhealthy thing you are able to do.... Canned, boxed foods are terrible to your wellness.

Did you ask him about the purpose of him spending alot on his truck? Is it for the benefit of the family? I hope it does though... If not, i too would be too depressed about it if I were in your shoes.

Also, did you ever tell him about your feelings in this case? If not, you should! Tell him that the ring symbolize the importance of the commitment to you. As what I can see, he is taking this matter too lightly and he is taking things for granted.

If it's his own money he is using, then let him be for a while, some guys do that. There will come a time that he will realize that he is being greedy. Show him signals that his ignorance is somewhat affecting the people around him. And try to at least understand him though. Instead of nagging about how he spend alot of time/money on his truck, act as if you are concern about his truck. He will come to his senses sooner or later. Reverse Psychology works like charm in life ;)

Hope the both of you will be together happily sooner... and don't think about him not being serious about you... He just don't see now how what his doing now affects you...

Material things shouldn't really matter in a relationship and placing emphasis on them will re-end your relationship, but if you ask me I wouldn't be surprised this is happening because it had already ended before and he probably doesn't even care about the whole ring thing because he doesn't want to spend money on something that may end sooner or later; getting back with him was a mistake I think

They have really good deals on the jewelry tv show, they have an online store, and a credit card.

Buy yourself a ring, one you like, then if on credit ask him to help you pay for it.

If he can impulse buy why cant you

Buy one yourself

It's his money and he can spend it however he likes, a ring means nothing. He doesn't need to buy you one to prove that he is serious about you