Can pregnancy test results change?

I took a pregnancy test last night. I only waited until the negative sign showed up then got mad and tossed it in the trash. About 20 mins later i noticed it and pulled it out to double check. There was a light positive line. But its there. Can this be an evaporation line in just 20 mins?

Favorite Answer

it is possible for it to chancge however it will tell you to look in the designated time which is usually 5-to mins and to ignore any lines after this time has light can change the result. you can always do another test to make sure if your still feeling uncertain

• Erika

The instructions have been ideal. the result's to be examine a jiffy once you're taking the attempt. maximum exams tutor effective outcomes as quickly as they have been left a protracted time so DONT PANIC. My suggestion could be while you're that demanding approximately it, take yet another attempt. basic (: yet be effective to... push aside outcomes AFTER 10 minutes :P (p.s. dont pay attention to samantha's answer, that's genuine that a attempt exhibits effective using prescence of the being pregnant hormone, yet maximum exams turn effective in case you go away them. its in simple terms the way they paintings)

Any results after 10 mins are false. Take another to be sure. I prefer the digital ones. No confusion and no silly lines to read. Good luck.

i'm in the same boat with you getting mad at the test lol but on the directions in the box it should tell you the time limit to ignore the changed results. it depends on the test. but good luck and retest. that's what i would do.

Take another one to be sure. Make sure u read the directions all the way though