How can I advertise a YouTube video?

Ok, so I just spent months on making one video, which I think is quite good. I shared it with my friends and they shared it with few oh theirs, and now I have 500 views. I don't expect to get a million views, but another 500 would be great. I just want people to watch it and perhaps give me some tips on how to make my videos better (which are a movie-like videos) since I plan on getting a job such as a movie director, perhaps. So I just need some unique ideas or anything that can help me spread my video to the wider crowd. Please no pay-to-view stuff, I want legit guys/gals rating my videos. Thanks in advance!

Favorite Answer

There are lot of ways to increase youtube views.You can share your video on Linkedin, Facebook, Myspace etc. You can advertise it to free advertising site.

There a numerous ways my friend but in your case I would definitely go Social as in Social Media.

You can also post your vid to other sites besides YT.

Go to micro blog sites like Tumblr and upload video there.

Search the web for other sites/blogs in whatever niche or genera your video is in and ask if they'll review your video and if they like it they'll probably share it.

As have experienced, your friends sharing your video only got so many hits, and that's way cool. Now it's time for you to do some work and get some views.

You can do it!