GEOGRAPHY You dont have to answer all but if you know any please help:)))?
1. Poaching can apply to the illegal hunting, fishing or eating of wild or domestic animals. (Points : 1)
2. The latifundia system is considered an obstacle to development in Latin America. (Points : 1)
3. For many years, Venezuela provided free oil to poor people in the U.S. (Points : 1)
4. What is the difference between “threatened” and “endangered” species? (Points : 3)
A Threatened and endangered mean the same thing.
B Threatened means the species is closer to extinction than endangered.
C Endangered means the species is closer to extinction than threatened.
D The terms are different depending on what country you are in.
5. Which United States President established the U.S. Endangered Species Act of 1973? (Points : 3)
6. What is the significance of mini-fundias? (Points : 3)
A Important source of profits and produce
B Important source of political power
C Largely uneconomic because they provide little profit or food surplus
D Largely benefits only wealthy landowners
7. Why is the latifundia system seen as an obstacle to development in Latin America? (Points : 3)
A Promotes widespread corruption
B Limits people access to land
C Creates an imbalance of political power
D Prevents the growth of min-fundias
8. What is “the paradox of plenty?” (Points : 3)
A The discovery of oil ensures financial stability for the entire nation.
B The discovery of oil resources does not positively impact the entire country, and in fact eliminates productive activity.
C The discovery of oil resources helps alleviate poverty and creates jobs.
D The discovery of oil resources helps developing countries achieve more freedom and democracy.
9. Which South American country is the largest consumer of plant-based biofuels in the world? (Points : 3)
10. What is one impact of carbon emissions on the country of Peru? (Points : 3)
A Increased lung and other cancers
B Andes glaciers will disappear
C Reduction in dependence on foreign oil
D Increased tourism traffic to Machu Picchu
11. How does overpopulation of many South American countries impact the United States? (Points : 3)
A There is no impact on the U.S.
B Overpopulation reduces the availability of natural resources
C Overpopulation results in increased immigration to the United States
D Overpopulation results in increased globalization and sharing of cultures
12. How does increased population impact global warming? (Points : 3)
A Increased population results in increased use of fossil fuels
B Increased population does not respond to changes in weather as rapidly
C Increased population tends to put more people to work in factories
D Increased population generally helps reduce carbon emissions and limits global warming
- Anonymous8 years agoFavorite Answer
Do the others the same way.
#12 - "Global warming" is a political code word with no relation to reality. It has taken 30 years for scientists to agree that there might actually be some such thing as global warming, but all the planets in the solar system are getting it at the same time, so it has no connection with what people on Earth do.
- 8 years ago
6- Important source of profits and produce
8- The discovery of oil resources helps alleviate poverty and creates jobs
10- Andes glaciers will disappear
12- Increased population results in increased use of fossil fuels
im taking this quiz right now haha
- 8 years ago
Number 1 is true :)
i don't know a lot but anything that's got to do with animals i know.Source(s): My own knowledge
- ZzzLv 48 years ago
1 is true, don't know about the rest
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- 5 years ago
1.False, because poaching is only for WILD animals NOT domestic
2.not sure but my guess is true
6.not sure my guess is C
7.now i know #2 is true, my guess is B
8. 80% sure its C
9. Best guess is Brazil
10.I m here to find a decent answer to this question
11.Either A or C
12.I d go with ASource(s): I m takin this quiz right now, my questions are worded a little differnt.