Are most Republicans still happy with the selection of Romney?

Mitt Romney was pretty much forcibly crammed down the throats of many Republicans through cheating, lying and open violence at the conventions against the Ron Paul and Santorum supporters. As the guy that lost to the guy that lost to Obama in 2008, Mitt Romney was the establishment GOP choice and was even less popular than neocon McCain in 2008.

Now that it's getting painfully obvious that the establishment GOP formula of big-government, endless undeclared wars for foreign bankers, debt, legislation of social issues, the war on drugs, NDAA and the Patriot Act is fast losing market share, will the GOP elites continue to field liberty-hating, globalist elites

Favorite Answer

I was never happy with it, hes a RINO and I knew he would lose. The dems go extreme left and the republicans keep nominating these middle left guys like Romney and McCain. I wanted Ron Paul.

The rep party still hasn't recovered f/ the damage GWB did. This is compounded by how many registered reps still support him ... too stubborn to admit they voted for a mistake.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Presidential_rankings

I didn't see a viable candidate on their roster. And unless that party starts to reach across the aisle as a means to solve problems instead of the opposition they have become notorious for (the last Congress set the record amount of filibusters by the reps), it can anticipate more failed elections in the future. That party is it's own worst enemy. People expect cooperation ... not obstruction.

Source(s): McConnell prioritized failure http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-A09a_gHJc That sounds treasonous to me.

I would have preferred Marco Rubeo, but I am more disappointed that many people chose another four years of nothing over giving Romney a chance to get us out of what the Democratic polices have done to us. Thank you Bill for NAFTA that sent jobs overseas, and for the housing bill that forced banks to make bad loans, thank you and obama for not allowing more drilling in America to keep gas and energy costs down. I think if anyone knew how politics worked obama would be history. But you dont, and libs wont take a moment to see that their polices are what started this, and is what is keeping it going.

• ?

I'm so glad that you're still spouting all the false talking points the Dem's put out there. It really clarifies why Mitt lost. He, the republicans, weren't able to overcome the scare mongering talking points that the media in conjunction with the progressive party put out there. Now that the president is stating the same fixes that Mitt ran on, some of you may be able to actually see the truth. What's it like when one wakes up only to realize they were a sheep that was used for one simply thing, to increase the power of the federal government and take more of the freedoms from the people. Under the guise of saving themselves of course.

Gee. I thought he won the nomination by winning the primaries. Please elucidate. I missed out on this violence you speak of. Where can I see it?

make it shorter.

Too boriing.

My preference was Newt and still is.

But Romney never bothered me.

• I never was but anyone was better than who we have now. As long as the GOVT cheese and checks flow and he gives them abortion, contraceptive on demand, legalized gay marriage, and "free" healthcare, Libs couldn't care less what Obama does to the economy and the Country