Whats your opinion on abortion?!?

Any girl had an abortion willing to tell me if she thought it was the right choice? No hate, just wondering.

Favorite Answer

I personally haven't, but I know a few people that have. Im 17, so all of the girls I'm talking about were young, and often felt pressured into it. The ones that made the decision to terminate the pregnancy themselves didn't regret it - they knew their reasons for it and knew it was what was best for them at the time, a couple of them didn't even seem sad or mentally affected by it.

However, the people I know who felt pressured into abortion are the ones that regret it, they wish they hadn't listened to everyone else and gone with their gut. There was a girl I knew who was pregnant at the same time as me and couldn't speak to me after her abortion as she saw what she'd have been like.

In my opinion, if the mother was the one who made the choice, she probably won't regret it as she'll always know her reasoning and that her intentions were good. It's the people who don't educate themselves about it first or get pushed into it that regret abortion.

I don't agree with abortion being used as contraception, it should be a last resort, but ultimately it's a woman's choice. Personally, I couldn't go through with it.

Source(s): 17 year old mummy to a 1 year old little boy :)

I had one and regretted it horribly. I have spoken with many other women that regretted theirs too.

I realized, after the fact, that abortion ends a human life. If someone does not have an abortion, then a full term baby comes out, unless their is a miscarriage. Interfering with a forming baby ends a life, and is wrong.

I've come to believe that the laws are wrong regarding abortion, that human life is precious and should be valued and protected.

The person that answered previously was wrong, by week 5, when most women are missing their period and finding out they are pregnant, there is already a heartbeat, by week 7, fingers and toes are formed, see link http://www.ehd.org/prenatal-images-index.php

You can email me at info@giveyourbabylife.com if you want to talk. Take care.

Source(s): www.giveyourbabylife.com
  • ?

I've never had an abortion (have always been against it).

I became pregnant at thirteen and did everything in my power for my baby boy, and can't see how anyone would feel right killing their child in any way, shape or form. I could have chose adoption but I didn't and I'm glad I didn't :)

"A person's a person, no matter how small"

Source(s): 25 weeks pregnant with a baby girl (#2)

I've had one and never regretted it. That doesn't mean I've forgotten about it either, it's a big deal, but I've never had any thought that it wasn't the right choice.

Lies anti-abortionists propagate:

most women regret their abortions. This is not true. Most women feel only relieved after aborting. I know many many women who have had them and do not regret them. Telling women that they should regret them, makes women regret them. If we believe in the lies of the anti-abortionists, it seems only a cold-hearted woman would not regret having an abortion. Throw out the lies, and the regret will diminish. Of course, it is not a decision to be made lightly, and no one should ever be coerced into having one. Some women do regret their abortions, but they are not the majority.

The other lie is that doctors rip the arms and legs off of a fetus during an abortion. This is completely untrue. Most abortions happen before 10 weeks, when the fetus doesn't even have arms and legs you could rip off. It is true that if a woman is over 20 weeks pregnant, it is a very different proceedure. At that point, seperating the body of the fetus may be necsessary, however, abortion this late is very very rare, and is usually done only in cases where the mother's life is at risk, or the fetus has been severly damaged, or there is some issue huge enough to make stopping the pregnancy the only humane option.

Best of luck.

• Lizzy

Having been raped by my then boyfriend I fell pregnant. I wasn't in a position to bring up a baby and I wanted no connection with him so I had an abortion

For me it was the right decision at the time, so it will always be the right decision. Although I'm sad about it I don't regret it at all

People may say I could have had it an given it up for adoption but there was no way I could go through the pregnancy.

The abortion was done via the pill at 6 weeks. During te prior scan the heart beat hadn't even started so that helps ease my mind

NO ONE can judge anyone unless they are in the situation themselves

• Ronese

Well if u believe in God you shouldnt do it. N u would most likely regret it

I haven't had one but my mom did before she had me. She was in a car accident and the dr told her the baby would ne mentally handicapped or just plain brain dead and it would be best to abort it. She did. And she still to this day regrets it!!! Now imagine a perfectly healthy baby, nothing wrong with it, ready to live. Would u feel ok about stealing its chances? No. We aren't God. It isn't our decision to make on who lives and who dies.

Just to correct some people... at as early as 5 weeks there is a heartbeat, and regardless it is forming life. Most abortions are done by medication etc that causes a 'miscarriage' aka bullshit. There are also other very gruesome ways. They DO pull the baby apart limb by limb, and and just suck it out with a vacuum type procedure. Some abortions can be done very late in pregnancy where they baby is fully formed and they actually induce labor and kill the baby before its head comes out. By jabbing it in the brain!!!! Sometimes it kills the baby other times the baby lives or is left to die. Ever hear if survived abortions? Yeah look some of these people up!!!! These are humans that u people are killing without a care. Watch 180movie.com and try to answer those questions. Abortion is a selfish answer to a situation. C'mon people.

Source(s): 25 weeks pregnant, cannot even begin to imagine killing my baby girl.
  • Kevin

I am pro life in the sense that no baby should be killed by its mother... But I am also pro choice in the sence that its the mothers choice what she does but you have to be satisfied with the consequences either way...

• It's absolutely disgusting! They pull the baby out limb by limb.

I have not had an abortion, but I have heard a lot of women say that they always regretted doing it.