Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetSecurity · 8 years ago

What is the best firewall for our PC's?

Update:

I have Avast free anti-virus but now need a good firewall. thanks for your answers.

Update 2:

I have windows 7

Update 3:

Anyone used Avast firewall?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • sandy
    Lv 7
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

if you have vista or windows 7 the windows firewall is good enough but if you really want a third party firewall look at these comodo firewall or privatefirewall both are very good and free get at softpedia.com or majorgeeks.com hope this helps.

• SK
    Lv 4
    8 years ago

Top 10 Firewall Software are:

ZoneAlarm PRO Firewall

Panda Global Protection 2013

F-Secure Internet Security

ESET Smart Security 5

Norman Personal Firewall

Net Firewall 2012

Rising Firewall 2011

Outpost Firewall Pro

Online Armor Premium

BitDefender 2013

• wings
    Lv 5
    8 years ago

The firewall contained in Kaspersky Internet Security.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

For the best protection in firewall, you should have both the hardware firewall, and software firewall.

The hardware firewall will be a good router, most have firewalls these days, but you will want to make sure your router has a firewall.

Software firewall, that will depend on whether you want to spend money on one, or not.

For free, Comodo firewall is the best one. Read about it, and a few other free options here:

http://www.techsupportalert.com/best-free-firewall... Scroll down for descriptions.

Here are some pay firewalls, but most of them are the entire internet security package, anti-virus, and firewall. I assume you already have an AV you like.

http://www.all-internet-security.com/top_10_firewa...

If you choose Comodo, then make sure you uncheck the "use comodo secure servers" on install, it can slow your internet.

Good luck.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 years ago

Windows Firewall!!

:-)

\\//

//\\

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.