Kitty
Kitty asked in Arts & HumanitiesPhilosophy · 8 years ago

Why do people" fix others" emotionally?

when the person will just go out and broken again, more than likely in bigger pieces than before

is it not kinder just to leave them as they are ?

I don't try to fix others because I know how it feels t have people " fix" you to how THEY want you to be.

and weak is a pretty insulting term

Favorite Answer

Its a really simple analogy !!

Say you have a beautiful beautiful mesmerising Car..it's the best car you've ever wanted ! Now,you are fondly driving the car on a beautiful highway and suddenly the tyre punctures !

NOW ! what'd you do? would you leave alone the car saying that "ah,it's all punctured..eventhough if i fix this once..i'll have it punctured once again somewhere or may be 2 of the wheels or may be all 4 of them !! ..so, let me not "fix" it ( i borrowed the word! ;) ) and leave it as it is..as chances are there that if i "fix" 1 tyre..soon there are possibilities of 4 tyres to get inflated!! "

Is it so?! Obviously not !! :D

Same analogy applies to humans:)

All that is required lies inside..underneath the humans...when other people around the person say something and atleast try to make them believe in themselves..they're just solving the mysterious puncture in the tyre very mysteriously ! while the "Engine" i.e. "individuality" of the person is one's own and remains one's own:)

Source(s): Experience :) :D

I do see what you`re driving at here though I`m a therapist.

In my own life, time, help I selected and moving away from people around me wanting me to be their way and forcing others to see me through their desires not my best interests, worked very very well- hard work too..

I wish you well-being xxx with all my heart- having been there

but yes, some emotional support selected by you might ease the strain.:) (: for you.

They are just trying to help you.

That's what you do when you take compassionate action.

You see someone is having a hard time, you find subtle or no-so-subtle ways of making life understandable from other perspectives.

Saying they are going to break again into bigger pieces is a lie. Because, people who try to fix people aren't quitters. If we were a race of quitters, we would really be a big mess.

Sure man, lets all just give up on ourselves. No, you don't do that. The strong need to help the weak stand up again. So get the f** up and try harder.

No it's not kinder to leave them, player.

Now look at this, if the person is still going about with the mentality of the heart break there is a possibility that he will end up in hating every human no matter the race, but once the issue is talk over the could prepare their mind for any thing to happen and forgive others for their mistakes.

Source(s): This is from me I don't have any reference yet.

Most people aren't broken, and only gain from human contact.