HennyyyCiroc asked in HealthDental · 8 years ago

Could a canker sore cause a toothache?

I have a canker sore on my bottom far left gum and my gum is really tender and painful. Ever since i got it the tooth above the gum has been aching! So do canker sores cause toothaches or is it something else?

Favorite Answer

Yes! They make everything in your mouth hurt. Get The Canker Spanker! It's the only thing that has worked for me. It's a pill, so it doesn't irritate the sore, just heals it fast and prevents new breakouts. Look'em up online or call your pharmacy to see if they carry it.

it could be possible that its affecting the same nerves... but I don't think a canker sore would really cause a toothache. Maybe what you are feeling is radiating pain? had serious issues with cancer sores for the three years I had braces. Generally you just have to wait for them to heal. I used to use a product from colgate called "Orabase." It forms a seal over the sore, which helps stop some of the irritation and lets it heal. It has one or two other ingredients, but I've always figured thats what really helpful about it. If its really being painful I would really recommend you purchase it. (They make a kit that comes with a tray and little swabs, in my experience its the easiest way to put it on.