Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 8 years ago

How to look after dyed black hair?

I have dyed post box red hair, it's pretty bright, the red is semi permanent over a permanent plum colour that was dyed back in august. When I re dye it I use a bright semi. I want to dye it black, I was wondering what's the aftercare like? Does it fade fast like red? What's the best dye to use and will it cover the red? Do you need special shampoos and **** for it?

Favorite Answer

Black does not fade. It will cover the red. I suggest looking at sally's colors, i specifically like the one 'n only argon oil color. They typically all color darker than normal though, jut a tip.

Also black is the hardest to get rid of. So if you like to change it up from time to time, I suggest doing like a dark brown instead of completely going black.

It is always good to use a color safe shampoo, but like I said, black will not fade.

Hope I helped.

Take a look at my question please and see if you have any suggestions to help me if you can :) thanks

Source(s): Hair stylist since 2010