Y asked in Science & MathematicsMathematics · 8 years ago

Probability:moment generating function urgentt pls?

The range of discrete random variable X is the set of all natural numbers and P(X =k) = C/9^k for

k =1,2,.... Determine C and the moment generating function of X.

Favorite Answer

Well...

Σ^(k ≥ 1) C/9^k = 1

Then...

Sum = C/(1 - 1/9)

= C/(8/9)

= 9C/8

Therefore, you should get...

9C/8 = 1

C = 8/9

Good luck!

Source(s): τ

Aww, that's unhappy. very last I said replaced into the single the position you needed options of a few thing particular to do for him. My first real split I *needed* to trash him, I felt like he'd thoroughly performed incorrect through me or maybe as i began to inform my pals and kin what easily were happening...i did not fairly favor to coerce them to assert undesirable issues about him. interior the precise though, once the BS section surpassed and that i replaced into performed lashing out, I of route knew i'd loved him so deeply for most good motives. We merely weren't a ideal adventure. we ought to both kinda replaced into hoping to regulate the different and felt like love must be sufficient; it isn't. We merely weren't compatible sufficient to make it very last an finished life. no human being's fault, fairly. We had the superb intentions. If that is any convenience, we are very close pals now. Took somewhat a lengthy time period in the previous that replaced into conceivable, even if it takes position. with any success that'll take position for you 2. for most i think of their heart's interior the right position, the completed 'misery loves employer' deal, they favor you to sense better. fantastically certain that replaced into as deep because it went for a lot of those who suggested detrimental issues about him. superb success, time fairly does artwork magic <3