An opinion based question!?

So, I've been deeply thinking lately about who I am, who I was, and who I'll turn out to be.. mainly in regards to my gender and sexuality. I've come to terms with everything, and now I feel that gender and sexuality can be both fluid.

How do you feel about the idea that sexuality being fluid?

Do you believe that gender can be fluid as well?

Favorite Answer

True story.

But some people want to portray sexuality as something static that never changes. They say that people are born with a specific sexuality and that it doesnt change.

Sexuality is on continuum. It is highly fluid. It can change consciously or unconsciously. Some have changed with the help of psychological counselling. There are former predominant homosexuals, heterosexuals and even pedophiles and people belonging to other stigmatized sexual orientations.

Labels such as gay, lesbian, homo/hetero are pure social constructs that does not exist in nature.

-----APA-----

However, sexual orientation is usually discussed in terms of three categories: heterosexual (having emotional, romantic, or sexual attractions to members of the other sex), gay/lesbian (having emotional, romantic, or sexual attractions to members of one’s own sex), and bisexual (having emotional, romantic, or sexual attractions to both men and women). This range of behaviors and attractions has been described in various cultures and nations throughout the world. Many cultures use identity labels to describe people who express these attractions. In the United States the most frequent labels are lesbians (women attracted to women), gay men (men attracted to men), and bisexual people (men or women attracted to both sexes). However, some people may use different labels or none at all.

Sexual orientation is distinct from other components of sex and gender, including biological sex (the anatomical, physiological, and genetic characteristics associated with being male or female), gender identity (the psychological sense of being male or female),* and social gender role (the cultural norms that define feminine and masculine behavior).

Sexual orientation is commonly discussed as if it were solely a characteristic of an individual, like biological sex, gender identity, or age. This perspective is incomplete because sexual orientation is defined in terms of relationships with others. People express their sexual orientation through behaviors with others, including such simple actions as holding hands or kissing.

-----APA----

• fantz

i imagine I truthfully have a blended batch of solutions. I first all started out leaning in route of the opinion depending questions- yet human beings attacked me (some were quite recommend) and that i imagine it replaced right into a lot less complicated for them to attack b/c it isn't head to head. i did not like this. So, I moved onto actuality- depending questions yet then countless the question ended up someone only being lazy & not doing the study. With only one search for in google, i might want to be in a position to respond to their question. uninteresting! So, I flow once back to emotion depending questions yet discover it receives uninteresting listening to an same love tale failures over & over & throughout back. As an end outcome, I mix it up. I truthfully have some well-liked those who ask questions and kinda play alongside with them yet nevertheless search for for brand new ones. i wager what I answer relies upon on the mood that i'm in.

In terms of gender: I resent gender roles. I believe people should be able to do and act as they like without being judged for it.

In terms of sexuality: It's possible. Bisexuality is a good example of sexual fluidity. But I think it's very important to be true to yourself. If you're gay, be gay, if you're straight, be straight.

But for god sake, don't be gay if you're actually straight. That whole thing where girls, and even some guys, pretend to be gay or bisexual for a night is absolutely revolting in my opinion. That type of thing makes you and the poor sole you seduce or are seduced by happy in the short term, but in long term no one is happy after something like that.

• Jakob

How do I feel about it? I think it could be possible, it just depends on the individual. I wouldn't be able to hold myself to such standards, but if someone else does then I have no problem with it.