Lexus asked in HealthMental Health · 8 years ago

Binge Eating Disorder: How Serious is my problem?

I believe I have what's called binge eating disorder. I just want to quick explain what it is that I do, and if anybody has any comments or could provide some help I would appreciate it.

First, I rarely eat Breakfast, only occasionally on weekends. When I eat on weekends, I will go all out. I'll eat 2 Sausage Egg McMuffins, 2 hash browns, and a large soda for breakfast.

Lunch is the same. I rarely eat it. If I do (maybe twice a week) it'll be something like a meal from Chick Fil A, a meal from McDonalds or Subway.

Dinner is the scary one. I eat dinner every night, but eat so much that it's scary. This is what i rotate between:

1. Large Pizza/Breadsticks/2 Liter (sometimes from Pizza Hut, Dominos, or Little Caesars) Dominos I have 2 Medium pizzas as opposed to a large and the breadsticks.

2. 20 Nuggets,and Fries from McDonalds/ 2 double cheeseburgers and a Chicken Sandwich from Burger King

3. 2 Double Cheeseburgers and a Chicken Sandwich from Burger King, Jr. Cheeseburger/Chicken Sandwhich from Wendys and a Large fry from Either Wendys or McDonalds.

4. Binge between In and Out Burger, Chick Fil A and McDonalds. mixing and matching hamburgers, chicken sandwiches, and french fries

5. Chipolte Chicken Fajita Burrito, Large Fries from McDonalds and possibly a cheeseburger depending on the night.

6. Five Guys Burgers. I'll Order 2 double cheeseburgers, a Large order of fries

7. I'll make something at home. Such as Chicken Fajita Burritos or Frozen Pizza. I'll eat 4 Burriots with Rice, Chicken that equates to 6 servings, or an entire Frozen Pizza will be demolished in 10 minutes.

i go out to dinner with friends or family at say 6:00 pm on occasion, but always end up eating there and then having one of the meals above me later in the night.

Have you ever heard of an eating disorder that is this bad? I'm 100% serious. I did this for about 4 months. And honestly, I eat EVERYTHING. It's not like I buy this stuff and eat half. I sit down and eat everything. Also, once a week i'll buy a package of mini snickers or milky way (or both) and they'll be gone within 2 days.

• Julia
    Favorite Answer

That sounds like binge eating disorder. I'd go to your doctor and ask for help. Be honest with him/her. Binge eating is a real disorder, just like other eating disorders.