What language should I learn?

I want to travel to many places, and would love to learn a new language. I'm still working on my French, but I know most of the basics, so just have to learn new words.

I'm debating between Italian, German, and Croatian.

I'm from a German background, but no one in my family speaks it fluently (my Grandfather passed away before I was born, and my dad only knows a bit - he took it in University and has forgotten some).

So... which do you think would be most practical? I'm leaning towards German, but I've heard from a few people that it's quite hard to master.

French to me is pretty easy, it just sucks having to memorize all the irregular verbs!

Argh! For some reason Y!A is not letting me pick a best answer.. it keeps redirecting me. So, sorry if I don't get to pick one - Yahoo is acting weird!

Favorite Answer

Well, since you're a German, German language should probably be your first pick.

I speak Serbian-Croatian, and it was easy for me to learn since a Slavic language is my native,but I'm not sure what it would be like for you - the pronounciation would be quite hard.

Why do you want to learn it,may I ask? It's not widely used :) I support your wish to learn it,but I would like to know how did you get the idea.

The most practical would be definitely German-it's widely used and it would be useful to know.

French is the easiest one to learn.Try the Rosetta Stone computer software program.

Italian is a romantic and fun language to learn, but Croatian is very different. Id look up the languages on a blogging site to go in depth. For spanish, I used http://blog.dinolingo.com/ for culture, but they also have lessons too.

It is quite tricky, but its like french, it will get easier as it goes a long. If I was looking to start learning another language I would go German then Spanish then Italian. So for you I would say German. Good Luck xx