What language should I learn?

I want to travel to many places, and would love to learn a new language. I'm still working on my French, but I know most of the basics, so just have to learn new words.

I'm debating between Italian, German, and Croatian.

I'm from a German background, but no one in my family speaks it fluently (my Grandfather passed away before I was born, and my dad only knows a bit - he took it in University and has forgotten some).

So... which do you think would be most practical? I'm leaning towards German, but I've heard from a few people that it's quite hard to master.

French to me is pretty easy, it just sucks having to memorize all the irregular verbs!

Update:

Argh! For some reason Y!A is not letting me pick a best answer.. it keeps redirecting me. So, sorry if I don't get to pick one - Yahoo is acting weird!

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Well, since you're a German, German language should probably be your first pick.

I speak Serbian-Croatian, and it was easy for me to learn since a Slavic language is my native,but I'm not sure what it would be like for you - the pronounciation would be quite hard.

Why do you want to learn it,may I ask? It's not widely used :) I support your wish to learn it,but I would like to know how did you get the idea.

The most practical would be definitely German-it's widely used and it would be useful to know.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

French is the easiest one to learn.Try the Rosetta Stone computer software program.

• 8 years ago

Italian is a romantic and fun language to learn, but Croatian is very different. Id look up the languages on a blogging site to go in depth. For spanish, I used http://blog.dinolingo.com/ for culture, but they also have lessons too.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

It is quite tricky, but its like french, it will get easier as it goes a long. If I was looking to start learning another language I would go German then Spanish then Italian. So for you I would say German. Good Luck xx

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.