I'm having family over for thanksgiving. My sister has fibromyalgia. What foods should I avoid?

• Cammie
    Favorite Answer

Fibro is often is accompanied by IBS.Given that many times a fibro patient is on a low reside diet.

That is mostly a low fiber diet.

Talk with your sister and find out what she can and cannot eat.She is your best resource.

Think about plain foods rather than everything mixed up .

A baked sweet potato is so good.Serve with salt, butter and a bit of brown sugar.

Enjoy the holiday.

First let me say that is very sweet of you to want to take your sister into consideration when cooking. Although Fibromyalgia is not caused by food, symptoms can be heightened due to certain foods, such as sugar, but this is not true for everyone.

Everyone with Fibromyalgia has different sensitivities, if any at all. Your best bet is to speak with your sister and see if there is anything that you should avoid, or an even better option is to see if there is a food or dish that can be a good subsititute for the other side dishes. I have done this for myself when I am cooking for big family dinners, and it still allowed me to have one or two samplers of something else but if my body was saying no it allowed me to have a back up plan.

Wish you the best and have an amazing thanksgiving

There are no specific foods that are good or bad for fibromyalgia sufferers. Serve whatever you want.