If I'm a student at University of Miami, can I take summer classes at FIU?

I'm a full time student at UM, but taking a summer course here is way too expensive for me. Is it possible to take a class at FIU over the summer and then get that credit transferred over? Also, if it's possible, would I have to transfer over there for the summer and then transfer back?

Favorite Answer

You can do that. You would not have to completely transfer over. UM will still be your "home" institution. You will most likely need permission from your university or you would have to notify UM in some way. This is so that they know you are enrolled in courses and they can reimburse you if you receive financial aid.

Talk to an adviser at your university so that they can check for course equivalency and they can guide you through the process.

not gonna sugar coat it-while you're extreme approximately going to the college of Michigan, artwork FOR IT. This 365 days has been cutthroat. I have been given in, yet somewhat some different acquaintances (one with a 4.05 weighted GPA, yet another with a 32 ACT score) have been given deferred. nonetheless greater have been given rejected outright. i might say it particularly is the appropriate college on the record academically, yet regrettably, it is likewise the costliest and toughest to get into. Seeing as maximum of your colleges are in FL, i might propose you to not pay the out of state training and pass to college of Florida somewhat. great coaching, cool city (or so my stepmom, who went there) says. I particularly have a chum, whether, who is going to FIU (even nevertheless we are all from Michigan, he gets in state privileges there), and he's stoked with regard to the social scene surrounding the faculty. exceedingly ordinary to get in, too (low popularity cost, i comprehend, yet many pupils are grossly unqualified). typical, to extend your possibilities of having solid scholarships, only carry the GPA up. it particularly is a lot greater considerable than your SAT or ACT score. i does not hire somebody for those tests. you are able to pass to the community bookshop and get a custom e book with 8 finished length tests for $30, and which will provide help to only as lots. they have each of an identical attempt taking ideas as a custom might supply you plus a lot of opportunities to coach. in case you don't comprehend a thank you to do a situation, seem at their clarification or ask your instructor in case you nonetheless do not understand. no might desire to pay for some thing which you're able to do your self only besides :)