child support from exes new spouse in Philadelphia?

My ex (and father of my two children) has remarried and has two more children. His wife is employed but my ex is not, he stays home and cares for their two children. I want to take him to court for child support. Would his wifes income contribute in this scenario?

4 Answers

  • 8 years ago

    No. It is the responsibility of the biological/legal parents to support the child. There are marital debts and personal debts. Child support is a personal debt. Not part of the marriage. His marriage has no bearing on his support amount.

    The courts will base his support obligation on his ability to earn. They won't simply say that, since he's chosen not to work, he has no responsibility.

  • 8 years ago

    No he is responsible for your children he has to show how much money he is bringing in and the income of his spouse will have no merit on it. Contact family court and they will tell you what to do. Just like if you remarried they dont take your husbands income and figure out what your ex will pay based on total income. But all states are different where i am from its the ex's income and his income only Contact family court in your state and county

  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

    depends on the state. If he is not working and living off of his new wife then yes her income will come into play.

  • Yes! It did in my case with my sperm donor!

    Source(s): Personal experience where father was an absent a$$ hole!
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.