how to transfer data from one ps3 to another?

i would like to know how to do this because i just want to ake sure i do it right and this is the first time i have done this so i dont wanna mess up.. i want to know how to transfer my trophies and my game saves from my old ps3 to a new ps3.. thanks.

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago

Data Transfer Utility

You can now transfer (copy or move) data that is saved in the system storage of one PS3™ system to the system storage of another PS3™ system using an Ethernet cable.

Preparing the systems to transfer data

Before starting the data transfer operation, you must perform the following steps.

1.Update the system software of both PS3™ systems to the latest version.

2.Prepare the PS3™ system that will send the data (the “source system”).

If multiple users exist on the source PS3™ system, you must perform the following operations for all of the users before starting the data transfer operation.

Create a Sony Entertainment Network account if a user does not have an account.

- Select (PlayStation®Network) > (Sign Up), and then follow the on-screen instructions to create an account.

Deactivate the PS3™ system if the data to be transferred contains content that was purchased from PlayStation®Store.

- Select (PlayStation®Network) > (Account Management) > (System Activation).

Back up, or "sync", trophy information on the PS3™ system with the PlayStation®Network server if you want to transfer trophy information.

- Sign in to PlayStation®Network, and then select (PlayStation®Network) > (Trophy Collection).

Sign in to (PlayStation®Home) before transferring the data if you have obtained reward items for use in (PlayStation®Home) on the source system.

Back up your profile information and stages you created in LittleBigPlanet™ to your saved game. You can then use the data that was backed up when playing LittleBigPlanet™ on the destination PS3™ system.

Notice

The following restrictions apply if you perform the data transfer operation without creating an

• Anonymous
    8 years ago
    Source(s): this is what GOOGLE is for.
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.