Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 8 years ago

Is my family being racist?

I got asked out by a black man and now were dating. I see absolutely nothing wrong with it. My family says its wrong and he just wants sex but we talked about and have both decided to not have sex. They say people are going to call me a slut and no respectable white man will ever have anything to do with me. Plus he's a Christian and so am I. I told them that and they said it would be perfect if he was just white. I just don't understand how they can be so racist. To me everybody should be the same. He wants me to go to a Church thing with him tonight but they won't let me. And I'm 18 so I think I should get to decide. I just think its really terrible for them to assume all these things about just because he's black. They've never even met him and won't give him a chance. Is it really that bad?

Favorite Answer

Interracial relationships are wrong.

no theyre not. interaccial relationships are kind of wrong. it is better to be within your own race. sorry.

Your parents are definitely racists and still live in another era. If you feel like your boyfriend is not with you just for sex, which he obviously isn't as you guys agreed not to have sex, then you should just listen to your heart and do what you feel like. Parents can be wrong sometimes too..they bring us up and supposedly educate us but as an adult I think you should have the choice to choose your partner and take all responsibilities while doing so. Tell your parents that they need to be more open minded and stop with the stereotypes. Don't leave your bf for them. With time, I hope they'll change their ideas.

Good luck