What is the GOP's problem?

2 Answers

Relevance
  • Mark
    Lv 7
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

I, for one, have a problem with their hypocrisy regarding judicial activism.

The famous definition of hypocrisy is that it is the homage that vice pays to virtue.

The virtue in what Republicans have said about judicial activism is that it is, indeed, the duty of judges to only interpret the law and to not get their own opinions confused with the meaning of the law they interpret. The vice is that their appointees have failed to live up to that very idea; the conservatives on the Court are just as likely to render politically-motivated decisions as the liberals.

Just look at Bush v. Gore.

Is this kind of thing what you meant by "problem"?

• 8 years ago

I know rigtht they want freedom and prosperity. Duh everyone knows its better when the gov controls you and steals to give stuff to you. I hate those evil rich corps, that obama bails out so they can stay rich, oh wait that made no sense, dim tard moment..... at least the gop has values, and we stick by them dims are not that way, they are against the death penalty for murders, but its okay to kill innocent babies, its okay to smoke pot, but not cigs. you paint the conserviatives as rich and greedy, at the same time poor rednecks, when at that same time you claim to want to help the poor, you are all idiots who voted for a guy that bailed out big corps with our money, then turns around and blames rich for not paying enough. get a grip

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.