Could this be my appendix of something else?

Last night as my boyfriend and I sat down to dinner, I got a really bad pain in the lower right side od my abdomen. As I stood up to clean up the table, the pain got much worse. By the time I was done, each step I took was so painful I could barely stand it. The pain was also worse when I went to sit down, so I took a few ibuprofen and when to bed. This morning when I woke up, the pain is still there but not quite as bad. However, the pain gets much worse when you push on the area. I'm a 23 year old female and I'm not sure if I should go to the Dr. today or not. I've tried looking for answers but haven't had a definitive answer. Could it be my appendix, ovarian pain, gas? I can still feel pain each time I take a step but not as bad as before. It hurts just as much to apply pressure though. No temp, no nausea, and I also have a cold right now? Help?

Favorite Answer

It could be acute appendicitis but it would be impossible and wrong to try and diagnose that over the internet, given we're told to assume acute appendicitis diagnosis to be wrong half the time. It could be something else like a urinary tract infection.

The only way is to see your GP / family doctor for a proper examination. He/she will be able to diagnose you and treat you, which may include an appendectomy through referral, a simple surgical procedure or antibiotics.

Source(s): Pre-medical student.
  • fantz

My sister has about 30 years in the previous she had to have her gallbladder bumped off and they took her appendix out the similar time. So she has no scar the position her appendix replaced into. If she has a discomfort on her ideal section she has to inform the Dr that she`s had her appendix bumped off

Phone your local doctor or emergency room immediately, and describe your symptoms.

The appendix is not something to wait around on....if it ruptures, you could die within short order. I would assume it did not rupture last night, as the pain lessened overnight, and you have no fever right now.

There are a lot of things that could be causing this, and it will probably need some tests to peg it.

I would suggest a visit to the doctor, assuming they (the doc or emergency room) feel this isn't an emergency, and tell you to get in right away.

Good Luck

I'm not a doctor but it sounds like a tubule pregnancy. Call your doctor right away. They won't charge to talk to the nurse and she will help you. Don't ignore this. Also, if you've been coughing a lot you may have pulled a muscle.

If your not pissing blood or not hemorrhaging than your appendix hasn't ruptured yet. It could be gas but you will never know until you see a Doc. Im no expert but I know someone who had this happen he was pissing blood and he went to the hospital, the doctor said if he waited a half hour more than he would have died. they had to preform surgery right away. It all happen in 2 hours so I would see a doc you dont want your appendix to explode its not good.

It surprising how often people confuse gas or stomache trouble with apendicitis or other conditions. Before you decide on anything try going to the bathroom. If you feel better afterwards then its probably nothing to worry about. If it doesn't help then go to a doctor. Hope you feel better =)

Source(s): Tomatoes