How to speed up my laptop when playing computer games?

Whenever i would play games on my laptop (ex: league of legends, Gotham city imposters, or world of Warcraft ) my laptop gets real laggy and the slows down the game alot i deleted almost every thing that ive downloaded and its still slow is there any way to fix this?

Favorite Answer

depends on the spec,

depends whats running in the background.

If you have any spare cash try installing a SSD ( you can pick them up for £40 for 60GB)

but he real problem may be your graphics card on the laptop if its really old.

Source(s): IT manager
  • Heysql

There's a few tricks you could use...

First thing is even though you may have started your computer and can't see anything running, there actually is 10s of background program's running. Click task manager and processes and delete those that you don't need. Only delete ones your sure about, some of them are important such as explorer

Allocate more ram to the game. Not quite sure how you do this as I don't actually play those. But there should be a option where you can dedicate more ram to the game. I know photoshop does this and it will allow the game to run faster

Hey! You can download from the internet Game Booster 3. It stops some of the processes of your computer thus speeding up the performance of your PC. You can also download Tune Up Utilities so that you can stop or start any processes of your computer.

One other way is to check your operating system (i.e., Windows etc.) if it is compatible with the memory of your PC. If it is not, it is time to either find another operating system or downgrade your PC. :)