There are many Christians today who believe that anyone who is not a Christian is doomed to an eternal hell?

But is this belief correct? Jesus Christ, having noted the faith and righteousness of a Roman centurion, a Pagan, proclaimed:

"Assuredly I say to you, I have not found such great faith, not even in Israel! And I say to you that many will come from east and west, and sit down with Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob in the kingdom of heaven. But the sons of the kingdom will be cast out into outer darkness. There will be weeping and gnashing of teeth." (Matthew 8:10-12)

If we accept these words as true, and surely we should, then it is clear that heaven will contain many who are not Christians, and hell will contain many who are!

Im wicca

Favorite Answer

You can pick passages from the Bible to back up just about anything.

The foundation of Christianity is that there is a heaven, is a hell, is a jealous God who demands worship, and will send all people to either eternal reward or eternal torture based on what they believe.

i don't think of that individuals from specific aspects that have not heard of God/Jesus is doomed for hell. that's stated interior the bible that the Christ will only come again or in different words the top of the international whilst the gospel has unfold to everywhere; each and every physique has heard of it. (from what i understand)

The eternal hell idea has come about through private interpretation of the bible and through the myths of man. First, hell means "the state of being dead" not a place of burning fire and torment. Second, the only real reference to torment in a kind of hell is in revelation and refers to the beasts and the evil one who shall be in the lake of fire and shall suffer. What they suffer is to see God undo all that they have done on the Earth. To effectively see God destroy their evil. This suffering goes on for an age (which is mistranslated forever). The age is only as long as it takes god to do what needs to be done. Then the devil etc are no more. They simply cease to exist. As does anyone who is judged evil. They do not suffer in hell, they simply cease to be as evil is destroyed.

As to who is or is not christian, again revelation reveals a startling truth. That not all who think they serve Christ do so, and not all who think they don't, don't. There is, during the judgment, those who say they have never followed Christ yet Christ claims them as his own. Yet there are others who claim to have served him to whom he says "I have never known you". So I would suggest people not boast about being a christian and not condemn those they think are not. After all, until the day, who will really know which is which save Christ himself?

• Esther

No, you are entirely misunderstanding. Jesus plainly taught that no one will enter God's kingdom without being born again. Born again means, faith in Him as savior. That verse you quoted was specifically for the religious Jews of the day who thought following the laws of Moses was all they had to do to enter the kingdom of God. Jesus said, not so. The new covenant is faith in Christ, not keeping the law.

Well your logic is sound, yet a few other questions have to be answered in order to make the statement accurate.

For example, earlier in Matthew Jesus chap 6: 9,10: Jesus says let your Kingdom come and let your will take place as in Heaven also upon earth.

So the telling part of that is where is the Kingdom, is well in Heaven but also right here on earth. For example. We live in the U.S but the capital is Washington DC. We dont all live in DC yet we are still part of this kingdom.

So now you need to know who goes to Heaven and who stays on earth. The bible states that 144,000 will go to heaven and be kings and priest with Jesus.

Yet Revelation talks about a great crowd that will reside forever on the earth, Pslams 37:10,11 says The meek ones will possess the earth.

So to answer your question, The key to life is listed at John 17:3 " "this means everlasting life those taking in knowledge of you and the one whom you sent forth Jesus Christ"

Can Jesus and his father read hearts yes, if they find other faithful ones who never knew about Jesus well yes they may find their way into Gods Kingdom. Our job is to gain accurate knowledge and serving God properly.

And people dont suffer torment in hell its just the common grave according to the scriptures

Source(s): The bible JW. Org

Maybe in a biblical prospective your right but I don't claim to have an interpretation of god.

Source(s): Atheist

When Jesus had entered Capernaum, a centurion came to him, asking for help. 6 “Lord,” he said, “my servant lies at home paralyzed, suffering terribly.”

7 Jesus said to him, “Shall I come and heal him?”

8 The centurion replied, “Lord, I do not deserve to have you come under my roof. But just say the word, and my servant will be healed. 9 For I myself am a man under authority, with soldiers under me. I tell this one, ‘Go,’ and he goes; and that one, ‘Come,’ and he comes. I say to my servant, ‘Do this,’ and he does it.”

10 When Jesus heard this, he was amazed and said to those following him, “Truly I tell you, I have not found anyone in Israel with such great faith. 11 I say to you that many will come from the east and the west, and will take their places at the feast with Abraham, Isaac and Jacob in the kingdom of heaven. 12 But the subjects of the kingdom will be thrown outside, into the darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.”

Jesus said, I am the way the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father except through me. The Roman centurion had faith in Jesus, as do many non-Jews. Jesus was making the point that even though he was sent to the Jews and performed many miracles in front of them, many of them did not believe, and in fact were plotting to kill him. But it was the gentiles that believed and that is why most of the Christian church has been made up of mostly gentiles (people who are not Jewish by birth).

Sounds reasonable enough. Probably be a lot of disappointed people at the day of judgment.

True. Hell will be heavily populated with those who belonged to some kind of church and who wore Crosses. How about this!

“Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’

People that performed demon exorcism and miracles!

• Jesus was talking about the Jews, not Christians.