Would you use a pencil pushing accountant to run the whole production line in your factory?

I honestly would use a freaking social worker because the last job I was in the accountant screwed up the whole place.

See the guy was good with numbers but horrible with people. He could only see what his numbers told him so he had everyone in the factory fighting with one another and actually sabotaging the machines. There is healthy competition then there is nasty competition. That is why a social worker would be better than an accountant because they can get everyone to work together as a team and to compete but in a healthy way rather than sabotaging machines.

See the accountant would say. This person made more production than you did so he would punish the guy. Then that forced the guy to do something fracked up to the machine just to keep his job. The other guy would retaliate so there were fist fights and accidents all over the place.

That place was a disaster and yes it was one of those places that got an Obama bailout. In my opinion that dump should have closed down and some other company who treated their workers better should have gotten the business.

Again this is why I am a Capitalist Libertarian. I have been through the school of hard knocks and I know what it is like in the real world. I didn't get my info from a book or a classroom. I learned it the hard way.

Some places are just horrible and the only hope for them is to shut them down. That is why I am a Capitalist because I believe that bailouts only help out dumps like this place. If you are that freaking incompetent then your business should be handed over to a more competent factory.

Only Capitalism makes this happen. This Socialist bull crap of bailing out companies is just plain stupid.

Bean-counters are who killed our auto industry. But not all by themselves. The govt could have helped things along by promoting quality, good engineering and efficiency and -- in exchange -- protecting those industries with realistic, but temporary import taxes... JUST LIKE the Japanese govt did. The German govt did something similar but I'm less familiar with exactly how they work.

Both nations also provide public-assisted, higher-education to boost their science-related grads. Of course, they also have the arts but, from what I've read, they weight the curriculum based, in large part, on the needs of industry.

.

A government style worker would be better? LOL

Workers need to buy into the business by profit sharing type arrangements and see the benefit/reward.

Then most are on the same page and don't want the ones that do not perform either.

Business owner with such a plan.

Accountants do not understand intangible numbers though. Sometimes you just have to do the right thing even when you cannot put a number on it.

No, get the pencil pulling guy in.

• Jeff

No I wouldn't bro!