Tattoos on spine dangerous?

One of my friends wants to get a tattoo going down her spine, is that dangerous?

Favorite Answer

No but its bloody sore.

I have a 15cm flower going right down my spine from the back of my neck to between my shoulder blades and it damage greater than childbirth! I have a couple of different small tatts and the one on my spine harm much more. There are no particular dangers having one in that spot though - simply take all of the typical precautions that you would use for a tattoo wherever - Go to a authentic artist, make certain they use single-use needles, autoclave all their reusable gear, put on gloves, have easy premises, are licensed and registered with the wellness dept etc. I don't know if there is a strategy to 'experiment' the proposal - I always wait a 12 months from the time I first decide on a tattoo design except I definitely get it - that manner I realize it's no longer just a phase. Additionally you should more commonly prefer an artist who will speak about the design and make you believe relatively relaxed together with your selection. The butterflies dedicated to detailed folks looks as if a lovely notion, but will butterflies be much less 'adorable' when you are not for your early 20s anymore? Recollect this will be for your back when you find yourself a middle aged mum, a mature, greying businesswoman and an eighty five yr historic pleasant grandmother. Now not seeking to put you off, but just declaring some info to take into account. Ignore all of the ignorant scaremongerers who're telling you that you'll get hepatitis or no longer be capable to have an epidural (that is definitely an city myth). If you particularly wish to do it and have put tons of although into it, then I say go forward. You'll be making a attractive, permanent report of folks who've had an main have an effect on in your lifestyles.

Everyone is saying no (which is the right answer.)

In your skin, you have your epidermis, your dermis, and your hypodermis, and in between your epidermis, and dermis, you have an 'epidermal-dermal junction.' The needle causing damage to your epidermis, the epidermal-dermal junction, and inserts ink into the upper dermis.

This is no way is near your bone, as your dermis is the largest portion of your skin layers.

Hope this helped :)

Not dangerous BUT: you might not be able to get an epidural during labor.

no its only on the skin its no different than any other part of the body but its nice that you care about your friend

No, it is not any more dangerous to get a tattoo over your spine than it is on any other part of your body. The needle is only piercing through a few layers of skin, not all and will not touch or affect the bones underneath the skin in any way. However, boney areas are more sensitive than fatty areas so the tattoo will hurt more while she is getting it, but that's just temporary.

One of my work colleagues got one going down her spine a couple of months ago and she's not shown any signs of dying!

Provided your friend goes to a clean, reputable studio, she shouldn't have any problems, unless she turns out to be allergic to the ink.

tats are for skin only,not for bone