Low heart rate and Low blood pressure?

so my Blood pressure is 90/50. tested several times over 3 months

My heart rate is also 51bpm

This seems illogical as a stronger heart should equal slightly high blood pressure, or atleast normal with the capability to deal with the high blood pressure?

Should this be a problem in the future?

Please no "Go see your GP" - ive had that too many times and he's done nothing

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Many high blood pressure people would love to be lower but not that low. If you are not dizzy and your thinking is not affected, since docs don't worry, your in the clear. The 51 heart rate is okay, doctors are not concerned over my 44 to 48 heart rate but mine is caused by taking Metoprolol.

Your age and physical condition make a big difference here.

• 5 years ago

It sounds like this heart rate is normal for you. It might be helpful for you to keep a log of your heart rate for 30 days or so and see if there is any variable in the rate. It may have been a few beats higher because you were in the Dr's office. As for you bp 90/60 is a little low, but not necessarily treatable, you may want to log that on a daily basis as well. A higher heart rate 120's and up is generally associated with a lower bp when the body is bleeding out somewhere. It is trying to compensate by beating faster to move a smaller amount of blood. Question: how's your metabolism? Normal for weight and age? any problems with your thyroid?

• 8 years ago

You Need a New Doctor if he is not taking you seriously. At the very least eat more Salt. Your blood pressure and pulse are TOO Low. You need to see a cardiologist. He should have sent you to one.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.