what do i do IMMIGRATION PROBLEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?

I was in America for 9 years, I moved there when i was 3 from Mongolia. The whole 9 years i was an immigrant. I moved back this year with one of my parents and i want to go back. is it possible for me to go back? And possble for me to be a citizen? Please UNDER ALOT OF STRESS

i was not a green card holder and i was here for 2 and half months here now

5 Answers

  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

    If your other parent remained in the US; you might be able to return. Check with the US embassy.

  • 8 years ago

    you must be referring to the Dream Act....were you brought here by your parent with a tourist visa? if not, were you here as a dependent of somebody with a working visa? or a permanent resident? if both questions would be answered in the negative, then it would require you to apply for a tourist visa in the U.S. embassy near your place....even if you are referring to the deferred action that the Obama administration has implemented, you are not qualified for that matter as you are no longer in the United States.

  • 8 years ago

    If you did not have a Green Card, you were NOT an immigrant.

    Immigrants have Green Cards until they become US citizens.

    So if you were in the US as a dependent to one of your parents, the one who is still there, most likely on a work visa, you cannot return to live there. You may be able to visit by applying for a visitor's visa, the B2, but if you wanted to live there again, your parent in the U.S. would need to be a Green Card holder at the very least to petition for you.


    Foofa, pay attention.

    He didn't have a Green Card, but even if he had one, he couldn't apply for naturalization before he turned 18. He is presumably 12 years old now (3+9=12).

    Source(s): An immigrant of German and Swedish descent, I work as a corporate attorney in Santa Barbara and live in the charming old mission town of San Buenaventura, California.
  • 8 years ago

    You can't just go back you need to be a citizen. Just because you've been here in USA for 9 years don't mean nothing you have to be legal in USA in order to come back. If you're not citizen and you go back to your country they won't let you back in.

    Hope this helps don't go back if you aren't a citizen or resident. In the USA

    Source(s): Imigrate
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 years ago

    Um, apply?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.