Ratchet Help...Im a girl!!!?

Their is a commercial on TV lately about this ratcher that moves two different ways. I want to getit formy boyfriend or his birthday Sunday. But I can't remember the name of it. Does anyone know???

Well, elhigh, I am very informed female. And I do a lot with my boyfriend of 9 years. I could robably work on a car better then most guys. This was just a matter of me not knowing the name of it.

Thank you all for your responses.

Thank you all for your responses.

Thank you all for your responses.

• paul h
    Favorite Answer

There are a couple models on the market...one is called the Stanley Rotator Ratchet..available at Ace Hardware or online stores... and one is called the Kobalt Double Drive ...found only at Lowes home centers.The Double Drive has a feature which allows the handle to be extended for better torque...slightly better than the Stanley. Both work on the principle of rotating the handle in either direction to make the head of the ratchet turn when used in tight spaces.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JcAAF7LgT0

Youtube thumbnail

http://www.amazon.com/Stanley-89-962-8-Inch-Rotato...

It might be a Stanley Rotator Ratchet, 3/8'', you can buy one online for $22.97 at Walmart.

...also for your second question yes, yes you are a girl, but this is not a bad thing.

• elhigh

"Two different ways" must mean that it has the ability to bend the head around so it works around obstructions, or it's that silly one that has a twist handle, and just twisting the end of the handle also turns the head.

Working around obstructions is nice, but frankly it's an extra joint in the machine. If your boyfriend has a serious problem working around obstructions, he's probably already got wrenches that get him past those.

The second kind with the twisting handle is silly and subject to early failure. Those gimmicky drive mechanisms aren't capable of standing much strain, and when he's pulling on a tight fastener your boyfriend may put force through the wrench equivalent to his own weight. That twisty thing will just break.

There's a good chance he would really like to share his mechanical hobby with someone. If he's any good at it at all, he'd probably enjoy teaching it to someone else. So listen to him talk about it, not just saying "uh-huh" and "wow" in the right places, but listen to the puzzles he's had to solve, and what lessons he's learned in his projects. Just because it isn't girly doesn't mean it isn't interesting.

Get him a gift card for tools. Then go shopping WITH him. Watch what he looks at, what he picks up and handles the most. Keep those items in mind. After he buys what he wants right now, add those other things, the ones he thought about, to your mental list for down the road. And keep a running tally on what he snorts at in derision - that's good to know. Because some guys are just taken with the gimmicky toys, too.

Source(s): handyman