Christians, would you still be christians if?

You were raised Muslim in Egypt or Buddhist in China. Do you really think you would eventually have found the bible and changed faith? My point here is that the only reason you're Christians is that your parents raised you that way. With different parents you might have gone straight to hell... Is god fair then?

Tony R don't get me started on standard knowledge in the church. Did you know no such thing as purgatory exists in the bible? The church will say whatever little lie they can squeeze through to fool people.

Favorite Answer

Wow....look at the Christian responses. These people are brainwashed beyond any hope of recovery.

Look carefully, kids. This is what religion does to the brain.

I possibly would've found my way to it. There are plenty of video testimonies on the internet of people who have changed their religion and switched to the the lifestyle of Christianity because they realize that what their religion is a sham. You will seldom find a religion of someone converting from Christianity to another religion at all.

BTW: Don't mention purgatory with Christians. Christians don't believe in purgatory, Catholics do and Catholics aren't Christians. They worship Mary and not the Savior Jesus the Messiah.

In my case i was raised in a Christian home. I live in a small town where almost everybody are devout Christians. But i had to choose if i wanted to follow Jesus. it was a choice that nobody else could make for me. So to answer your question? Yes, i would have chosen Christianity if i grew up in a different country and religion. God would have made a way for me to be saved. Being Christian is a choice from my side to follow Jesus. Because ones parents are Christian it does not make you automatically a Christian. it is all about choice.

Yes. I would be a Christian.

You are making a fatal error if you believe that Christianity is merely a religious option or the result of ones upbringing or societal conditioning. While there are millions who are born into the Catholic faith and who cling to it without really knowing God, The fact of the matter is there really is such a thing as a "True Christian."

True Christians are chosen by God, and they come from every background ~ including Muslim and Buddhist upbringings.

Well, your point is correct. The only thing that determines your religion is where and with who you grow up. Unless you have a common sense and you become an atheist.

Source(s): Atheist.
  • Tony R

It does say in the Bible, if you did not have a chance to accept, then you are not held accountable. So is someone never really hear the bible, they are not condemned. This is standard knowledge in the church.

Christians, would you still be christians if You were raised Muslim in Egypt or Buddhist in China?

yes i would choose christianity

Do you really think you would eventually have found the bible and changed faith?

yes i would

My point here is that the only reason you're Christians is that your parents raised you that way?

wrong

With different parents you might have gone straight to hell... Is god fair then?

yes god is fair

your reasoning is the problem not god

That's an interesting question. I wonder how much culture does have to do with religion.

• l

You got it! They'd be Muslim if raised in certain parts, Hindu if raised in another. They have accepted the cult without questioning it.