How do you make fruits & vegetables last longer after juicing?

I want to start juicing for health reasons, but I can't afford to buy a lot of fruits and vegetables that go bad quickly after juicing. Any tips on how to make the juice last longer in the fridge?

Favorite Answer

The more fiber there is in your juice the longer it will last in the fridge. So try adding some of the pulp back into the juice. If you have a blender you can make smoothies (which have more fiber). Also, try to always juice an orange as citrus juices act as a natural preservative. You can also add lemon or lime juice but watch it doesn't make the juice too bitter.

Any one hundred% juices would be lots greater healthy, yet will fee you heavily greater. whilst i became struggling with a UTI, I went to the keep in seek of cranberry juice. products like Ocean Spray cranberry juice that weren't one hundred% cranberry juice have been around $3. i discovered a one hundred% cranberry cranberry juice interior the organic and organic section and it fee very nearly $9. Knocked my UTI acceptable out. you relatively do get what you pay for. so a techniques as produce that lasts, green peppers (and that i'm valuable different bell peppers) can final awhile. I minimize off what i circulate to consume, and keep the rest in a baggie. Eggplants additionally final for somewhat a while, whilst saved acceptable. i've got discovered the terrific thank you to keep them is to minimize off what you like, then positioned a baggie and rubber-band over the section you minimize off, no longer over the completed eggplant. comparable is going with cucumbers and zucchinis. Tomatoes shop nicely for awhile. comparable with avocados (see you later as you do no longer minimize 'em... as quickly as you minimize 'em, use them interior a pair days). Leafy vegetables (lettuce, spinach, etc), whilst saved wisely, can final 5-7 days. I keep them in plastic packing containers and positioned a paper towel or 2 in with 'em--The towel absorbs the moisture.

• Goerge

No not really. I would place them in double ziplock freezer bags and put them in your freezer. It's going to change the consistency slightly but the taste will be unaffected.