* Why don't the vast Majority of Gun Owners join and support the N. R. A.?

* Any Gun Owner should seriously consider joining and supporting the N. R. A..*

2 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Of course you are right, if you own firearms for protection you owe it to yourself to join the NRA. There is two reasons that we are now allowed to own firearms to protect ourselves, the first is that our fore fathers were intelligent enough to protect this inalienable right with the Second Amendment, and the other is the NRA that has kept the liberal gun control bigots from trampling on our Second Amendment rights.

I have been an NRA member for many years, and it does bother me that only a few of the firearm owners are willing to support the NRA who are directly responsible for them to still be able to keep and bear the firearms. Myself I am getting tired of protecting these dead beats that can't shell out a measly $25.00 to $35.00 a year to protect their right to keep and bear arms.

• 8 years ago

Because a lot of gun owners are basically lazy, and expect that the rest of us will continue carrying their water by maintaining NRA memberships and donating more when they can afford it.

And then they whine like little girls when the NRA and other gun owners' organizations don't quite have enough clout to kill the legislation (and Executive Branch decisions) that takes away their rights. We put up with ten years of that completely idiotic "Assault Weapons Ban" because too many of them won't pull their weight.

What's worse, the vast majority of them are also too lazy to pick up their phone and call their elected representatives and weigh in on firearms legislation.

Obama has been quietly destroying tens of thousands of historic old rifles -- the kind virtually NEVER used in any crime -- and will go absolutely nuts on more firearms outrages for the next four years.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.