on meds and a few 'benders' and just found out i'm pregnant?

I have been taking hydrocodeine and drinking regular for the last few years. I just found out i'm 6 and 1/2 weeks prego, (total surpise- was told we were'nt able to) this is my first and i'm terrified i've ruined my one chance. am i in trouble here??? taking vitamins and eating pretty healthy. i just hope i havent done too much damage.... any input??

help!!!

Favorite Answer

Nah, you - and the little one - are fine. Mother Nature kind of accounts for the fact we women won't always know we're pregnant (and, hence, not on our "best behavior") by having the baby live in it's own little sac for the first couple of weeks. I don't know the timelines exactly, but it's around 5 or 6 weeks (although check that to be sure) that the embryo attaches itself to the uterine wall. THEN you want to place it safe, take your vitaimins, eat well, etc., because at that point, what you eat and drink DOES pass through their system.

I didn't find out till I was 5 weeks and I was heavy drinkin just go to doctors and ask for other tablets and take folic acid, everything will be fine, congrats!

Source(s): 39 weeks pregnant die tuesday

im sure you and the child is fine just alot jus make sure from here on out u do the right things congrats

Codeine can still be taken in pregnancy, I take dyhydrocodine for migraine and back pain the midwives just say to take it in moderation as it can cause more issues like constipation for you and stuff, as for drinking a lot of women get drunk before finding out they are expecting best thing to do is stop now! Tell your midwife or doctor that your on the pills and drank and they will give you info but try to relax.