Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 8 years ago

IS IT GOOD TO CROP EARS ON A FEMALE GREAT DANE?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Yes, and it's done between the ages of 8-12 weeks. With that said, if you're too lazy to keep up with posting the ears properly for months, don't bother, as you will have wasted your money, and the Dane will end up looking like it has two triangles pasted to it's head.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

WTF does gender have to do w/anything??????

duh

• Beth F
    Lv 6
    8 years ago

What does her gender have to do with anything. If your going to show her than you'll need them done if she's still young enough. If not then i wouldn't bother.

• 8 years ago

Cropping ears and docking tails is only necessary if you intend to show your Dane in conformation.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Janian
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

In this day and age there is no need to perform cosmetic surgery on dogs. If you live in a country where this is still allowed it normally needs to be done by 12 weeks at the latest.

Think very carefully as you're putting your pet through unnecessary surgery and you're signing up to do months of taping and after care!

• 8 years ago

If you care about her, leave them alone.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Gender doesn't matter!! For me, leave her natural - I hate cropping for one, and actually much prefer the soft look of a Dane with their ears left as nature intended. Although I can see the point, in some breeds, in docking, I can't see anything to suggest cropping is necessary and anything other than for 'looks'.

• Pamela
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

If the dog is to be a show dog in the US then the ears would need to be done according to the standards of the AKC.

But if it is just a pet dog there is no real reason to put the dog through unnecessary surgery and the expense of it.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.