Windows 8 vs Windows 7?

I've used Windows XP Pro for years, and I like it. I just bought a new hp desktop PC w/Windows 7 preloaded, and I hate it. Has anyone used XP Pro, Windows 7 AND Windows 8....and can tell me if 8 worth a damn?

Favorite Answer

I still have a desktop computer and 2 laptops that still has

windows XP. They still work really good. I also have 2 desktop

computers that have windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit which

in my opinion it the best version of windows yet. I am not going

to windows 8.

Source(s): Computer Technician
  • Travis

I am thinking that a lot of people will probably stick with Windows 7 and won't upgrade until Windows 9 or whatever they will call it,

• Kerry

xp, still the best - windows7, quite good, just a few things a little annoying till you tweak them - windows8, why on a desktop would I want two desktops, the metro desktop being for silly little apps suited to a touchscreen tablet that cant handle full programs and take a look at this link to see what useful tools software providers are now providing for windows8

http://www.iobit.com/iobitstartmenu8.php

it depends... if you like using a new OS it is good, also i would try to stick with win7 if you dont have a touch screen as it is mainly for tablets