Is there any way to get around wearing the women's uniforms in the Marines?

I've wanted to be a Marine ever since I was a little girl. But when I saw what the women wear for Blues and for Service, I felt sickened. Part of being a Marine is the aesthetic, and I'd feel like a fraud without the proper cover, leatherneck collar and doughboy belt. Of course, my main motivation is to serve my country, so it's not like the ugly uniforms will stop me; it's just not all I imagined it would be.

Favorite Answer

I always hated the old Class 'A's, because I always had to put cardboard behind the lining to make the awards pin on straight, but when order to, you wear it anyways. Besides they hardly wear it.

• J

You wear what is issued. You use what kit is issued. Don't like it then don't join.

It's not a fashion show. you wear your uniform as per standard of the Corps. Same as the other Marines. Male Marines wear their uniform as per the male standard. Female Marines wear theirs as per the standards for Females.

But to answer your question yes there is a way around it don't join. If do join and earn the right to wear it then wear it with pride as you will be a Marine.

Source(s): Former member Canadian Primary Reserves Infantry

Get a life kid, you are not fit to serve in any military Branch of the U.S. Military.

• trey

no, there is no way to get around it.

either way deciding to join or not join a branch because of the uniform they wear is not really a good deciding factor. do what you want to do and make sure you are doing it for you, and not somebody else.

Women wear the female uniform. It's that simple.

Grow a dick!

• Tasm

The marines are showy. If you want to skip all the fanciness, join the army.

• EG

That's been the uniform and doubtfully will it change maybe you should join another branch with a more suitable uniform of your liking.