I received mail about some sort of account update I have to do unless I want my account closed. What is that?

Yahoo! Mail

ACCOUNT UPDATE VERIFICATION

Dear Valid Users,

Our records indicate that your account hasn't been updated as a part of our regular account maintenance Click Here to update your account now. If you do not verify your account now, You serve the risk of losing your account permanently. Thank you for your usual co-operation. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Sincerely,

Yahoo! Mail Product Management.

Copyright © 2012 Mail! Inc. (Co. Reg. No. 2344507D)All Rights

Reserved. Intellectual Property Rights Policy

THis is mail I received and tittle is account shut down!

Can anyone help me with this?! Also when I try to click on the link provided within mail, nothing happens...does anyone know what this is about?

Favorite Answer

Messages sent from Yahoo! Customer Care will always show a purple Y! logo in your inbox to indicate that the message was sent from an official Yahoo! source.

Messages sent from Yahoo! Customer Care will always use "@cc.yahoo-inc.com" as the domain extension.

If it does not have these report it as spam.

http://help.yahoo.com/kb/index?page=content&id=SLN...

• JOHN H

Sounds like "spam" to me. don't click on any links in it , hit the "spam" button

It means use and update the account or they're cancelling it.