Can't sleep for more than 3 hours?

I'm 18 years old and have had sleeping problems for the past 4 years. I've been going to bed and waking up really late. About a year ago I started taking melatonin. At first it worked great and I would fall asleep earlier. I went to a sleep clinic and with the help of melatonin I managed to go to bed 3 hours earlier than before. Everything was great until a month ago.

I stopped taking melatonin and noticed I have difficulty falling asleep now. So I stayed up 2 hours longer than usual and I had difficulty falling asleep. Now I'm taking melatonin again but it doesn't seem to have any effect on me. I start feeling tired around 2 AM and then go to bed. I wake up about 3-4 hours later and I don't feel tired enough to go back to sleep. This used to happen before but I would just go pee and was so tired I'd fall back asleep and would sleep for 4 more hours. Sometimes I force myself to go to bed because it's so late and then I just lay in bed the whole night without falling asleep because I don't feel tired. Because of this I haven't been to school for the past 2 weeks. I am starting to get seriously depressed. Any idea what I could do? I tried doing some excercise to tire myself out but it didn't do anything for me.

I used to stay up late in front of the computer but I don't do that anymore. I turn it off at 11 PM and then I read or listen to music or something until I get sleepy.

Favorite Answer

my friend had they same problem :( but he didn't find a solution yet so if you did come out with something please share ! good luck

• Mr KP

how long you stay in front of computer screen?

Shut down your laptop and go to sleep!!

Make sure you are distant from any "screen" - cellphone/TV/laptop etc. at least 1-2 hours before sleeping. NEVER EVER carry your laptop to your bed.