How to connect Creative T6100 speakers to Panasonic LED TV ?

Hi, I have a Creative T6100 5.1 Speaker system. I want to cinnect it to my Panasonic LED TV. There is only one Digital Audio out from TV (Optical Out). However my Creative 5.1 speaker have three 3.5mm pins. When I connect any one of the pins to TV headphone slot, one pair of speakers work. It can be 2 fronts, 2 rears or the center one. Can anyone tell me, how to play all 5 speakers without using any AV receiver ? AV receivers cost more than 10 times than my Creative T6100 speakers.

Favorite Answer

The best you can get (without spending more money than your speakers are worth) is stereo (front right and left?) since surround output from the TV is digital and your speakers ... which are really computer speakers designed to connect to the three mini-stereo jacks on a computer audio card ... are analog. You can, as you have found out, use the headphone jack or buy an optical to stereo converter (Monoprice, Amazon, etc) to do much the same thing.

The device at the link is the next level up, or get a used A/V receiver with analog multichannel outputs plus RCA to ministereo converters. Finally, you can sell your 6100's and buy speakers with an optical input.

Thems the options.

Panasonic 5.1 Speakers

• AV receivers cost more than 10 times than my Creative T6100 speakers. WTF, does that mean your creative speakers ONLY cost you $17

if your on a budget and looking for a starter kit av receiver and 5 speaker system + sub you can get a pyle home cinema system for only $173 including shipping the list price is over $400 and its brand new

http://www.amazon.com/Pyle-PT598AS-5-1-Channel-Sub...

it wont sound like a pioneer or onkyo system but it costs a fraction of the price and its perfect system for beginners,,

That is what happens when you try to use computer speakers in a full size home theater.