Why is Obama getting all defensive over Susan Rice?

In his press conference Obama got defensive and butt hurt over questions about a possible Senate filibuster if he is dumb enough to nominate Rice as Secretary of State.

Could it be she lied on orders from Obama about the Benghazi attack and now he sees it coming back to haunt him?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Why was she, the UN Ambassador chosen to be the one to speak about this issue in the first place? It had nothing to do with the UN. It was a terror attack on the US. I seriously doubt she has access to national security info. Patraeus said the same thing at first. The attack was due to the movie. Then we hear the King of Saudi Arabia wants it to be illegal world wide to make derogatory statements, etc about Islam and so did Morsi, Egypt's new president. Obama weakly defended our first amendment rights but you can bet they are in jeopardy. The maker of the movie was very publicly shown being arrested and now serving a year or so in jail, but for using phony names while on probation.

Susan Rice has shown herself to be loyal to Obama. Patraeus was at first until he came out with another statement later that was different than the State and Defense Department and we see what happened to him. I don't think Susan Rice will be approved as Sec. of State by the House. Obama will appoint her during the holiday recess. She will say and do anything he tells her to which in O's 2nd term will require complete loyalty to him.

• Brown rice or white rice?

US Embassies & consulates attacked under Bush:

June 14, 2002, U.S. consulate in Karachi, Pakistan

Suicide bomber kills 12 and injures 51.

February 20, 2003, international diplomatic compound in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

Truck bomb kills 17.

February 28, 2003, U.S. consulate in Karachi, Pakistan

Gunmen on motorcycles killed two consulate guards.

July 30, 2004, U.S. embassy in Taskkent, Uzbekistan

Suicide bomber kills two.

December 6, 2004, U.S. consulate in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia

Militants stormed and occupied perimeter wall. Five killed, 10 wounded.

March 2, 2006, U.S. consulate in Karachi, Pakistan

Suicide car bomber killed four, including a U.S. diplomate directly targeted by the assailants.

September 12, 2006, U.S. embassy in Damascus, Syria

Gunmen attacked embassy with grenades, automatic weapons, and a car bomb (though second truck bomb failed to detonate). One killed and 13 wounded.

January 12, 2007, U.S. embassy in Athens, Greece

A rocket-propelled grenade was fired at the embassy building. No one was injured.

July 9, 2008, U.S. consulate in Istanbul, Turkey

Armed men attacked consulate with pistols and shotguns. Three policemen killed.

March 18, 2008, U.S. embassy in Sana'a, Yemen

Mortar attack misses embassy, hits nearby girls' school instead.

September 17, 2008, U.S. embassy in Sana'a, Yemen

Militants dressed as policemen attacked the embassy with RPGs, rifles, grenades and car bombs. Six Yemeni soldiers and seven civilians were killed. Sixteen more were injured.

The University of Maryland database also lists 64 attacks on American diplomatic targets during the George W. Bush administration, including car bombs at the US embassy in Yemen and armed attackers assaulting a US consulate in Saudi Arabia.

• 8 years ago

The best defense is a good offense

Rice is an incompetent fool who has never done anything to enhance America but then neither has Obama

• ?
    Lv 5
    8 years ago

He knows that she was directed to lie to the American people to cover up his incompetence and now must defend her so as to make people believe he didn’t know when he did.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 years ago

he isn't the GOP is finnished

• Mike
    Lv 4
    8 years ago

I can't imagine he's happy at the degree of opposition to the potential nominee. Can't really blame Republicans for wanting to show they still have some degree of political power after the election. In more neutral terms, it's probably a bad idea to go ahead with Susan Rice. Secretary of State is a political appointment, it's important that the head of the State Department have some degree of internal cooperation in order to be an effective administrator and diplomat.

• 8 years ago

Obama is tired of seeing his friends and co-workers being attacked for no reason other than because the attackers really only want to get rid of Obama but they know they can't, because he's too popular. Its about time, he should of done the same the first term.

• 8 years ago

He's playing "macho-man" to please his useful idiots.

But as much distaste as this brings me, I have to partially "defend"

Rice....She was probably fed a line of sh*t by higher ups

and she dutifully did her duty as a mouth piece.

The government is permeated with filthy left-wing trash.

• 8 years ago

No, he just does not want the far, far, far right wing traitor in The Senate attacking a true American patriot. In face, as a courageous leader, he said attack me instead, I am ready for that fight.

• Because he, like the rest of us real patriotic Americans, are tired of this ginned-up, fake, manufactured-outrage, "scandal" from Faux News to take attention away from the fact that they lied to all their viewers about the inevitability of Romney winning in a landslide.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.